How to install WHM/cPanel step-by-step guide
One of the first things a new webmaster has to do, is to install a control panel. The most common is cPanel. At this article we will go through the installation of cPanel/WHM to VPS or dedicated servers.
I will not go in depth with technical details, it will be a simple step-by-step guide to install WHM/cPanel in your server easily.
- First of all you need to purchase a WHM/cPanel license (you can do it from here). There are 2 types, one for VPS and one for dedicated servers. You can also test WHM/cPanel as trial for 15 days, in order to get a trial license you have to go here.
- Then log into your server via SSH and simply write the following commands
cd /home && curl -o latest -L http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
- The process will take 5-30 minutes or more depending on your server specifications.
- After it is complete you can access the WHM interface by visiting https://YOURSERVERIP:2087
- Follow the setup wizard and you are ready to go
Soon I will add an article guiding you step-by-step through the initial WHM/cPanel setup.